Saturday, February 27, 2010

Would a bible by any other name smell as sweet?

So believe it or not, someone already snagged the domain name bible.com. And just about every variety of it you could imagine. Naming a website is a crucial part of making it, because you're stuck with whatever name you pick. If you want to change it later on you're more or less starting over from scratch when it comes to building a good page rank in Google, and you're bound to loose some of you user base.

I wanted a name that would bring associations to serious and diligent study of the Word, and perhaps also bring attention to the fact that I'm expecting preachers to find this online bible highly useful in their preparations.

So after much consideration, I ended up with Expositor's Bible. I've purchased the webdomain ExpositorsBible.com, I put up a temporary placeholder site there for now, directing visitors to this blog.

As for timeframe, I'm expecting to launch the site some time this year. But I won't dare to make any promises just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...