Thursday, February 25, 2010

Coming soon, to a computer near you!

I'll be back with more details later, but I have a new project going that I think will be of great interest to those of you who love the fragrance of the knowledge of God. I'm developing a new online Bible study tool, aiming to be equipped with all the features of a fancy deskstop Bible study application. And some more (most significantly access from just about any computer that can get online).

Some planned features:
  • Fancy search capabilities
  • Multiple translations (Whatever I can get my hands on)
  • Parallel view to compare translations
  • Take notes
  • Drag and drop stuff
  • Various references (Again, whatever I can get my hands on)
  • And much more
If you have any good ideas for features, or any other good suggestions, please leave a comment.

Now to satisfy my geeky friends: The website will be heavily AJAX-based, with a PHP backbone. I'll blog as I go about all the fancy-schmancy geeky stuff I'm doing. But I believe my lovely wife is in the process of setting the table for dinner, so until later, may the peace of God reign in your hearts.

4 comments:

  1. Hi; how about utilising Matthew Henry's Commentary of the whole Bible? Maybe featuring small extracts of relevant passages?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the suggestion, Willem. I believe that commentary is old enough to be public domain, so if I only could find it in a readable electronic format I'd be set :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi; I just found this link to a possible Matthew Henry download you might use. Hope this helps.

    http://downloads.zdnet.com/abstract.aspx?docid=1081555

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the link, Willem. Unfortunately it seems to be in some sort of proprietary binary format. I'm looking more for something readable like xml (or more realistically, plain text)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...