Friday, November 19, 2010

Jake's Fortune book review

I don't think it's an exaggeration to say Ray Comfort is one of the most influential preachers today when it comes to personal evangelism. His message of law before grace is loved and hated all over the world. I count myself among those who love it. When I first heard him preach on Hell's best kept secret, and true and false conversion about a decade ago, it drastically changed my understanding of God, my understanding of man, and my view on evangelism.

In addition to his preaching ministry, his open air preaching, his training academy, and his TV-Show, he finds time to write more books than most people will ever hope to read. Jake's fortune is his first fictional work though. And if I tried describing it I wouldn't do it justice. Let me just say that Ray is Ray, and while it's a book about gunfights, betrayal, gold, love and much more the gospel is brilliantly woven into every story and subplot.

My wife and I have both been reading it this last week, and from the very first page we have hardly been able to put it down. It is most absolutely among my favorite books ever.

And if you are not familiar with Ray Comfort, then please, please, please click on the links above and listen to those two  sermons. You'll never regret it.

2 comments:

  1. Good review. Do you two participate in BookSneeze or Blogging For Books? (Search them!) Both offer print and sometimes ebook versions of different Christian volumes. You might like those programs... You just have to write a review for them and post the same review on a public site like Amazon or Good Reads and you get the book/knowledge at no cost. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip, Carrie. I'm going to have to look into that :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...